Eleni Sagia ESR 14 - Profile
- Diploma in Applied Physics: School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Science, NTUA, 2010
Thesis: Construction and Quality Assurance of a gaseous detector.
- Master of Science in Medical Physics: Medical School, University of Athens, 2012
Thesis: Monte Carlo simulations for determining shielding data for accelerators used in hardron therapy, CERN.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Energy and Nuclear Science and Technology, Politecnico di Milano, foreseen for 2015
My research will be focused on microdosimetry with solid state detectors in hadron therapy fields.
Collaboration with the INFN-MITRA project is also foreseen for the design, construction and characterization of a low pressure TEPC.
Participations in meetings, conferences, etc
- Oral presentation: IEEE NSS/MIC/RTSD, Seoul, Korea, 2013
- Poster presentation: 17th International Conference on Solid State Dosimetry, Recife, Brazil, 2013
- Oral presentation: Micro-, Mini-, and Nano- Dosimetry and International Prostate Cancer Treatment Workshop, Wollongong, Australia, 2012
- Poster presentation: International Conference on Translational Research in Radio-Oncology and Physics for Health in Europe, Geneva, Switzerland, 2012
- S. Agosteo, A. Mereghetti, E. Sagia, M. Silari: Shielding data for hadron-therapy ion accelerators: Attenuation of secondary radiation in concrete, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 319 (2014) 154– 167
I enjoy swimming, reading books, dancing salsa, watching movies, listening to music and travelling.
Greek, English, Italian
French, Spanish: rusty and need to fresh up
Help in the adoption of stay dogs and cats.
Feel free to support our cause by adopting a loyal for life companion.